Peterborough Council for Voluntary Service (PCVS) is a registered charity set up by local organisations in 1980 as an umbrella and network organisation to the voluntary sector in Peterborough.
Our Mission Statement
Peterborough CVS also exists to provide practical help with office services, year end independent accounts checks, salaries and advice on any issue concerning the voluntary group or charity.
- Providing support services such as information, advice and training.
- Identifying new needs and developing initiatives for meeting them.
- Promoting partnership between statutory and voluntary sectors in the delivery of welfare and other services.
- Supporting innovation, accountability and good practice in local services.
- Encouraging local groups and organisations to put forward their views on local and national policies and decisions that affect them.
- Creating and promoting forums and channels used by government and other bodies to consult the community.
- Providing these supports in a special way and with particular values, working with people, groups and communities in a flexible, open way and challenging inequality.
- Peterborough CVS also exists to provide practical help, with office equipment, word-processing, duplicating etc., training through day workshops and Open College Network accreditation courses and advice on any issue concerning the voluntary group or charity.
Our Strategic Objectives
PeterboroughCVS has 5 strategic objectives that we strive to achieve, they are:
The five PCVS objectives are –
- Provide specialist expertise, information and support, develop the skills local people need to run successful organisations and help groups find and make effective use of resources.
- Spread good practice, prevent duplication of effort and support joint working.
- Make sure policy makers understand the needs of local voluntary organisations and community groups and help public bodies engage effectively with local voluntary organisations and community groups.
- Encourage more people to volunteer and get involved in voluntary and community action.
- Provide direct services to meet identified needs where there is no appropriate local member organisation to do so.
PCVS is governed by our Trustee Board who are also Company Directors. Members of our current Trustee Board include:
- Dave Ellis – Chairman
- Mandy Thompson – Vice Chairman
- John Cheetham
- Yusufali Bandali
- Harmesh Lakhanpaul OBE
- Ratilal Joshi
- Andrew Hempsell
- Eric Siecker
- Andrew Williams