People are at the heart of the Peterborough Wellbeing Service
What is Peterborough Wellbeing Service?
A vibrant local scheme working closely with the local health and social care system, including statutory services and the private sector.
- Volunteer opportunities
- Healthy lifestyle and wellbeing talks given to community groups
- Short-term support if someone is poorly
- Support after leaving hospital
- Supporting carers
- Working with people who may be at risk of falling (improving mobility and
- Support for people who have experienced a recent death of a loved one
- Support for people who have had brain injuries and strokes
- Support for people with poor hearing and issues with sight
- Support for people with mental health issues
- Befriending and social interaction through community groups
- Home improvements
- Safety, security and access to your home
- Managing finances
- Cleaning and gardening
An example of our recent work:
- Networking with local housing associations and sheltered housing schemes
- Distribution of Winter Warmth packs
Looking to provide 10 pilot schemes for group exercise and nutrition for residential homes, BAME, faith and disability groups.
For more information please contact us either by telephone on 01733 342683 or via the contact form below. Thank you.