Projects & Services
Peterborough CVS exists to provide practical help with office services, year-end independent accounts checks, salaries, advice on funding, and on any issue concerning voluntary groups or charities:
- Providing support services such as information, advice and training.
- Identifying new needs and developing initiatives for meeting them.
- Promoting a partnership between statutory and voluntary sectors in the delivery of welfare and other services.
- Supporting innovation, accountability and good practice in local services.
- Encouraging local groups and organisations to put forward their views on local and national policies and decisions that affect them.
- Creating and promoting forums and channels used by government and other bodies to consult the community.
- Providing these supports in a special way and with particular values, working with people, groups and communities in a flexible, open way and challenging inequality.
- Peterborough CVS also exists to provide practical help, with office equipment, word-processing etc, can help with funding applications, training through day workshops and Open College Network accreditation courses and advice on any issue concerning voluntary groups or charities.